Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Streaker Sheep!




Did you see it???? Did you see my husband on TV????? I am not sure what is wrong with this link... but you can HEAR the commercial here... If you didn't see it just search for the Super Bowl ads... it is on the internet everywhere!

We were so excited and proud about his commercial! And to top everything that commercial has been on everyone's favorites list! It was even featured yesterday morning on both The Today Show and Good Morning America! It was surreal to hear Matt Lauer talking about how funny it was! It was listed in USA today and most newspapers around the country... we are collecting newspaper clips about it to someday show our *ahem...* grandkids... In fact if you have a clip you want to share with us let me know and I will send you my address.

The only bummer about the whole thing is that I go really sick for the whole thing... On Saturday night I started running a fever and had a sore throat. I was just miserable all day on Sunday... but somehow I managed to get the bathrooms cleaned and the food prepared for our Super Bowl party... working in about 15 minute spurts and then napping for 45 while Mr. D. was in rehearsal all day. By the time our guests arrived I was so drunk on the Tylenol, sudafed, airborne, and wine cocktail that I pretty much fizzled by halftime.

I even called into work on Monday... and I NEVER call in to work. I would much rather go to work sick and then "call in" on a beautiful day when I feel like playing hookie. But yesterday I didn't even feel like I could make it out of bed. I did drag myself to school last night to the last night of our student directed one act plays... but by then I was feeling a little better. Today I will go in to work... but I'll take it easy... my cold is moving into my chest and my cough is making it hard to breathe without choking.

My cold/ sinus infection thing had also put a damper on our TTCSex. We did it on cd 11 & 13... but that was it... I just didn't feel up to seducing my husband with my hacking cough and runny nose... very pretty...

So that is it for now... I am still on a high from all the commercial buzz. I am so proud of Mr. D.!

Gotta take my Advil cold and Sinus and head to work.

In closing I bring you the ultimate "life is fucking unfair" moment...

First THIS... followed by THIS... And I have fertility issues... that is bullshit.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

I hope you get to feeling better!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Loved the commercial! I was 'specially looking out for it. It was totally hysterical. And hubby was perfect in it!

Sorry you were feeling miserable.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Hi there. I have been reading your blog for some time now and was really pulling for you guys Sunday night. When it came on I yelled to my husband and he was confused by the whole "Come here we know this guy!" thing. I had to explain that I read your blog and knew that was your husband. The commercial was awesome and fricken hilarious. Congrats to you and your hubby! What a big deal :)
Hope you are feeling better.
Long time reader, first time commenter.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking...

I was watching for the commercial too and my husband couldn't quite figure out why either. lol It was fantastic!

Your post about being sick reminds me of that Friends episode where Monica is sick and trying to seduce Chandler..."Don't you want to get with this?" Thanks for the laugh, and I hope you feel better very soon.

10:14 AM  
Blogger zhl said...

I saw the commercial on Sunday. It and your husband rocked. Hope it's the start of a great year for both of you.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Great commercial! I said to my hubby, I know the guy on this one. Of course, I don't really KNOW him, just of him through you :)

As far as the links at the bottom, UGH. UGH. UGH.

Amazing how trash multiplies.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my husband on the lookout for it while I was in the other room. Sure enough, he yelled "horses playing football" and I was able to catch the commercial. What a hoot!!! So glad it's getting such great attention.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Loved it!!!! Tell Mr. D he did a great job.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy--have had much trouble getting to your comment page.
Congratulations on the success of the commercial!
And yes, that is total bullshit.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

Loved the commercial. I was telling Jer that we had to be on the lookout for it while we were watching. Mr. D. looked great!

Sorry that you have been feeling so crappy. I hope that you are beginning to feel better. Sorry that I have been such a bad IPPer lately.

I hope to talk to you soon. Take care and love ya!
Chas

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

FiF aimed me to your site. That was a great commericial. Hope the checks come rolling in. :-)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

This commercial is THE BEST! What a riot!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here