Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday Morning...

Mr. D. and I had the most wonderful weekend. On Saturday we had breakfast at our favorite little French bistro and spent the morning shopping in a quaint little town nearby that has a great main street with lots of craft and antique shops. We stopped at coffee shops and strolled around all morning until it got to hot to be outside. We continued our shopping at a nearby mall and at Target... but we didn't by a thing except a few groceries and the coffee. That night we met our good friends C&L for dinner and a movie. We met at the Movie Tavern for appetizers, drinks and to see Little Miss Sunshine (so great... so charming... so heartwarming... and SOOOOO funny!!!) Then it was off to Carrabbas for a wonderful steak marsala dinner and then back to our house for dessert and coffee! It was so fun to have a double date-adults only night out with friends! We had a great time.

On Sunday Mr. D. and I decided to have a day-o-culture. We went into Ft Worth and visited our new Modern Art Museum... then we went for a great lunch at Cafe Express (after having to make an emergency stop for a coke because my blood suger plummeted and I almost passed out... thanks Metformin) . Then we went back over o the museum district and went to the Kimball Art Museum and the Amon Carter Museum. We had such a good time together acting silly and having fun in the museums! While we were there we had a huge thunder storm ( the flash flood kind that last for 20 minutes... but they really pour). It was the first real rain we have had in months!!! We sat in the museum surrounded by famous art and watched the storm through the floor to ceiling windows... it was beautiful. Then Mr. D. serenaded me with funny love songs from the 70's that refer to rain.."ooooooohhh I hear laughter in the rain... walking hand in hand with the one I loooooove". He totally cracks me up when he sings song from "before my time"... I always think he is making them up!!! Then back to Target for the groceries for the week to Ulta to pick up some hairspray and new lipstick... and them home to watch Big Brother and the Emmys.

It was such a fun weekend... we had a great time together... It just reminds me what a perfect match we are for each other.

In other news... nothing.. still waiting... but let's not talk about that.

Like I said... it was a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

We had so much fun with you guys on Saturday.Thank you for inviting us.By the by , I think I'm gonna e-mail M.

6:12 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

It is so great to get away from IF and just be a couple again. I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend - it sounds great!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

oh what a great weekend you had. I love days that I can leave IF behind and just enjy the things I love in life. I am glad you had a weekend like that.

Kir

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful weekend with Mr. D. and were able to have a double date.

I am thinking about you!!!!

Take care and talk to you soon.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here