Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

cd 17...

The IUI is done. It was a painless procedure. Mr. D.'s count was 36 million... so as my bff said "that's 12 million per egg!" Mr. D. and I had fun joking around about triplets while I was upside down for 20 minutes after the procedure. About 1/2 through the upside down part I realized that I had to pee really bad (possible pressure on the bladder??) And even though my nurse assured me that I wasn't... I felt like I was peeing everything out 21 minutes after the IUI.

My doctors office is kind of strange about charging me for stuff... I can only assume the are trying to help me out... or they just forget to charge you fr stuff done on a weekend... anyway... I am very thankful for the break.

Here were my charges and not charges in case anyone is wondering about cost....
cd 2 u/s - not charged
clomid - $120
cd 11 u/s - $113
cd 15 u/s and hcg shot - not charged
cd 16 IUI and wash - $275
-----------------------------
so out of pocket that is $508
with a savings of about $$326 for the "not charges".

I did have some pretty severe cramping and general soreness last night (about 2-5 hours after the IUI. I was surprised about this since the IUI didn't really hurt. I have also been sooooo tired (the hcg in my system??) So I took and Aleve at 8 pm and was asleep by about 9.

So that is it... I am officially in the world of assisted reproduction.
Thank you all for the support... especially Jenn and Chaz.
And double especially to my online bff Jess! ILY!

14 Comments:

Blogger The Karkins Family said...

I have been following your blog for quite awhile now - Praying one day to read the "I'm Pregnant" post... I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you right now!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

WOW, I go on vacation and you do an IUI!!! GOOD LUCK sweetie, it sounds like 3 good targets and lots of spermies just might do the trick!!!

I'll be thinking VERY GOOD Thoughts for you.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm happy to hear that everything went smoothly and that you caught a break with the finance end of this!

You will definitely be in my thoughts during the 2ww. I pray that you get great news at the end of the wait.

Take care.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

I think this 2WW will be harder for me than it will be for you.. j/k I am praying HARD for you!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

I hope this is the answer to your prayers and that these 2weeks go by fast.

I will say a prayer that this is it for you.

9:18 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Good luck!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

Welcome to the 2WW. I think i need to go to your DR. Mine charges me for every little thing. I hope this does the trick

2:34 PM  
Blogger ks said...

Thinking good thoughts, and I'm not saying it means anything, but...I had 3 IUIs (interestingly, I think I only saw evidence of the last one being billed to insurance, hmmm.) and only had discomfort or cramping after the third. None were painful at the time, but cramping after the third. Yup, it was the last, b/c it worked! 38 weeks today...

3:34 PM  
Blogger zbayardo said...

sending you some good postive vibes. you'll be in my thoughts and prayers this whole time!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Frenchie said...

Hi there. I love reading your blog. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that the IUI worked!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger beret said...

Yay!!! Crossing everything for you and Mr. D. Holding my breath for the great news....

2:06 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am glad that everything went smoothly. I will be checking daily for updates. I know you are nervous and you don't like to be hopeful but just this once - bask in the hope ok?

PS - 36 million - HOLY SHIT!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Sandy D. said...

I have recently found your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I just wanted to send my prayer and good thoughts your way. Thank you for blogging.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

I have been following your blog since the first message i sent! I am so hopeful for you, it sounds like everthing was in place for a good thing :-) I am praying for you!!!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here