Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 06, 2004

In which we discuss TTCSex...

Back from my 2 day "Sex Fest"... well if your definition of "Sex Fest" is having sex 2 whole days in a row. (OK... I know that is a bit of a disappointment...) My Mr. D. and I are both in rehearsals for 2 different shows that open this week and we are both on completely different schedules... not to mention exhausted. But we did TTC on Saturday and Sunday... and maybe tonight IF he gets home before I am dead asleep... (my rehearsal goes until 8... his goes until 11:30....)

I will go back to the RE on Tuesday to make sure that I did pop out an egg over the weekend and that the ovaries are still "normal" looking.

Hey.. a question... Don't you hate it when sex feels like one more thing to "have" to do???? I am actually beginning to dislike the TTCSex... I mean... we try to make it fun... to spice things up... but... sometimes... It just feels like a chore. I want my old sex life back!!!! No watching the calendar... no "mandatory" dates for sex... no doctor prescribed "relations"....no pressure!!! And (probably most of all)... I miss my old buddy KY jelly... (I have got to get some of that "Pre-Seed" goop but I have no clue where to find it... and I am not about to go into the store and ASK about it....)

So we had a great and busy weekend and we are now officially in another 2 week wait...

I hate the hopeful part of the month...
I have learned firsthand that the higher the roller coaster climbs... the longer the drop...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATED TTC sex. Total chore, and I know that my husband felt the same way. And you have to do it, even if you're in the middle of a fight or something. Yuck! My sympathies.
-Abby (abfausto@hotmail.com)

6:35 AM  
Blogger ErinMary said...

My husband and I were never any good at the ttc sex thing. We are both very, very tired once we plop down in bed. Many days he leaves for work at 6 AM and doesn't come home until 8 or 9. You know sex is not the first thing on his mind, more like eating, and then sleeping.

But it sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I ended up pregnant with having sex once 3-4 days before I ovulated. For the 2ww, I think you should treat yourself to a professional massage, light lots of nice candles, take bubble baths...and let yourself obsess as much as you need to. Lord knows there's no way around it.
I hope tomorrow's doc appointment gives you more great news.

-Erin

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Hey,
I hate ttc sex. It has gotten past that. When we are having sex any other time I am thinking. Why can't this be around O. I know it is sad. I am also on the 2ww with you. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for us. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Good Luck.
Jenna

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Hey,
I hate ttc sex. It has gotten past that. When we are having sex any other time I am thinking. Why can't this be around O. I know it is sad. I am also on the 2ww with you. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for us. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Good Luck.
Jenna

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here