Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 03, 2004

normal... a beautiful word...

I saw the RE today and we did my 2nd u/s to check for PCOS... Mr. D. went with me so he could meet the new doctor. When we started the u/s Nurse Chatty started talking about Christmas shopping... everyone was just chatting away including RE telling a long story about a friend falling off a ladder while hanging Christmas lights... It was a very surreal experience since the entire conversation went on in the dark u/s room while I had an u/s wand stuck up my "you know what".... Finally I said "So... uh.. how does it look in there?" He started talking about a cyst and measuring and I got panicked... Then Nurse Chatty said... "does it look like PCOS to you ?" and RE said... "Nope... looks normal". I almost burst into tears... the cyst he was looking at was the follicle that is about to pop out an egg... No other cysts... My ovaries look normal! I have part of my reproductive system that is NORMAL!!!!!!!!!

I am on cd 11 and the RE said I should "o" on Sunday or Monday... He said the follicle looked normal and no signs of PCOS related cysts. Nurse Chatty said "Are you going to tell them to have "relations" this weekend"? (Who says "relations" besides her and Bill Clinton???) And the RE laughed and said "well... That is none of my business" Then Mr. D. who had been very quiet the whole time (probably very uncomfortable seeing the wand "you know where"... even though I TOLD him not to look!) piped up with "Well... Actually... that IS you business..." and we all laughed. He prescribed lots of TTCSex this weekend... He also said that it is important for the sperm to be in there before "o" so they can mature for a better chance at getting pregnant. He said to have TTCSex Saturday thru Monday... Finally... a doctor directive that I can follow with having to ask a million questions!!!!

I still have to wait for my blood work up (I filled 4 tubes today... ouch) .. we are testing L'S, FSH, Anticardiolipids, progesterone, testosterone, etc... but all signs point towards normal ovulation!!!

I will go in for one more u/s on Tuesday to see if the egg was released as scheduled. I will also get a prescription for prometrium and start that as soon as we know that I have "o'ed".

One more thing to cross off the list of what "might" be wrong... It is not as great as getting a 100% answer to why... but it is nice to know that it is not PCOS and my body is at least getting the conception part down. This also means that I don't have to worry as much about another m/c due to "poor egg quality". I guess now we will concentrate on the clotting issues and progesterone supplements and hope once I get pregnant again this RE can keep me pregnant.

Thanks for all the hopes and prayers... They seem to be working...

(Can you keep praying that I get pg this month with a very sticky and very healthy baby or two???)

Mr. D. and I are taking my NORMAL ovaries out tonight to celebrate!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have been following your story, and was so happy to hear that you received good news today. I hope this will be your month. Good luck!!!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it was good news :)

Hoping you have a sticky baby or two :)

xxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Jamie,

So glad to hear your good news. Best of luck this cycle--I'm right there with you, wishing and hoping and praying for success for us both!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Hi! Still here and still listening!

[mouse voice] . . . but I have one small complaint . . .

Your blog is reading more and more lately like chinese to me. I know I should know all of the shorthand and abreviations by now. But I don't. I'm sure that the random reader does not.

Maybe a primer on the sidebar would help? Or the occasionaly glossary or something . . . I dunno.

A thought from one of you oldest readers! (wink)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Katalyst said...

*Lurker Alert*

Just wanted to say- congratulations on SOME good news! Isn't it amazing how after so much crap, a little bit of good news can feel like gold in the middle of it?

I hope you have a successful weekend and see a BFP in about 14 days!!!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there...long time no hello...sorry. I have been out of it but I still have been checking in on you. So glad to hear the ovaries are working. It is a nice relief when a doctor gives the thumbs up. Hoping a good month for you.

alex from the kitchens of the infertile gourmet

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

I'm glad to know that PCOS isn't the problem but I never thought it was anyway. I hoping for a uterus full of stickum.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

I agree with Lala. I didnt think you were really a pcos candidate. I know its nice to blame something but its probably just rotten luck.

Good news for a change.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Mollywogger said...

Excellent news!

I'm a lurker, stopping by to wish you the best of luck.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here