Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2005

For a Good Cause...

I got "random" crossbars from FF today... on cd 17... why... NO IDEA...

They also changed my coverline from 97.7 to 97.8 and that made a big difference...
Well... cd 17 was the first day that I got a visible line on an OPK (it certainly NOT darker than the control line... but it was the darkest I had this month...) It stayed darker (but lighter than the control line) for about a day and then started disappearing... now I can only see it if I REEEEEALY look hard...

When should I stop using the OPK's for the month? Do you guys think it is safe to stop using the strips and stop the TTCSex for this month? I have a progesterone blood draw on Wednesday to see where that it...

A little good news... I did have a temp rise this month without the supplements... maybe that is a good sign that I am ovulating...

Symptoms today... majorly bloated tummy and big boobs... thanks clomid.

Oh... some non-ttc news... I have been asked to sing at a benefit on April 11 for a little girl named Olivia in our area who has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia... I have never met Olivia but I know that she is a tough little girl and I am so excited to be able to lend my voice to this great cause! I am a little intimidated because I have not been on stage for a while and some of DFW's best performers are going to be part of the show. I am singing the song FOR GOOD from the musical WICKED with my friend Ashley who has put together this benefit... Guess what... I play the wicked witch... (big surprise)... Anyway... I will post the info about the benefit below and you can read all about it... I am sure they will accept donations if anyone feels moved to donate...

I have not told you this before... but several years before I was born my mom had another daughter named Joanie (with her first husband). Joanie died at the age of four from leukemia... so I will do this benefit in memory of the sister I never knew...

Here is the info:

Join us on April 11th in supporting The Olivia Jones Family(featured in Arts in Action go to GarlandArts.com) and Heroes For Children for “The Family Guide to Broadway : 1975-2005“. We will have a silent auction and some wonderful auction items have been donated. They include a Cingular camera phone, tickets to shows and concerts, make over packages, celebrity items and much more. Tickets are now on sale for this special evening hosted by the Atrium at The Granville Arts Center from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.


We will have a wonderful time, and help an incredible charity and an incredible family!! Don’t miss your chance to be a hero!


There will be - silent auction, food by Desperado‘s (voted best Mexican in Dallas by the Observer), open bar by Branding Iron restaurant, and concert with Emily Lockhart, William Blake (recently seen on American Idol), Amy Stevenson, Jeff Kinman, Brian Gonzales , Randy Pearlman, Connie Coit, John Reba and many more of DFW’s best and brightest including Oliva‘s dad Joseph and her brother Tyler.

Heroes for Children was founded by the families of 9 month old Allie Scott and 4 year old Taylor Brewton both lost to Acute Myeloid Leukemia. HFC is a non-profit organization which provides financial and social assistance to families of children with cancer. Visit their website at www.heroesforchildren.org to learn more about these amazing families and this wonderful organization. The dollars raised by our event will enable the Jones family and countless other families across Texas to focus on the most important part of treatment—their child.

Olivia Jones, diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at the age of three, is a bright and funny 6-year-old who loves Broadway musicals and scary movies. She is one of five kids, and the daughter of Joseph and Kandis Jones. Joseph is known to many of us, not only as a talented performer, but also as a mentor, teacher, and friend. Olivia has fought through two relapses of ALL and on October 26, 2004 received a bone marrow transplant from her big brother, Tyler. Though Olivia is winning this battle her family will be battling the cost of saving this precious child for a long time to come. They need our help.

Tickets range from $20 - $100
To purchase tickets call The Dance Movement at 214-509-9000 or e-mail Ashley Puckett Gonzales at realmcasting@hotmail.com. Advance Ticket Purchase Required.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

That is great that you are going to be a part of the benefit! I am sure that you will do great.

TTC - Did you notice any symptoms of O even without the OPK's? I would say to use the strips a couple more days to be on the safe side.

It is good that you had the temp increase with out the supplements. Let us know how the blood draw goes Wed.

I am thinking about you and I hope that all is going well for you and Mr. D.

Take care

7:17 AM  
Blogger Rosanne said...

On the TTC front, looks like the big-O was CD13 to me but heh, what do I know. Might as well POAS until your blood draw on Weds. Its only a few more days anyway. Can't hurt, right. Plus, I know how much you like to pee on stuff.

On the non-TTC front, thank you so much for participating in the benefit. Although I don't know Olivia, my niece is fighting ALL and my cousin's son has recently undergone a bone marrow transplant for t-cell lymphoma. It takes such an emotional toll on the family and the last thing they need to worry about is the hidden and not-so-hidden costs of treatment. The support you're giving them will make a world of difference to them, even if its just the emotional support knowing that the community is behind them. Sometimes that makes the biggest difference and helps make the fight a little easier the next day. The world needs more people like you!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, for what it's worth, I agree with the chart... 3 days higher temps than the previous 6, that's the rule I learned...

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here